Friday, January 2, 2009

Summer In The City

well I could sit and stare and smoke this cigarette,
another type of love to think of and reminisce on his regrets,
the winters over, but the cold still stays with me,
I'd collapse at the bar and write a song on how we use to be,
but a drag it takes to forget, I can never forget your name, bobby and Dylan, they were all the same,
its summer in the city, and right now I'm on my own, baby there is a space in between you, me, and the telephone.
I like how things started, clean and not bombarded,
well its so crowded and yet I walk alone, I'm walking deeper and deeper till I stop and reach your new home, its a good enough reason to turn pages in our old scrapbook, pull out a pic of us just as a reminder of how good things looked,
and leaves are growing on these trees again, trees that give me hope, let me know a good seasons here again, before I see him and choke,
I just died in your arms tonight, love is always so black and white,
I turn the corner near a fancy restaurant, but I'm losing my appetite,
tonight I'm sure I'll slip into something more comfortable, open my mac and write a little about love and all,
tomorrow I'm sure, I'll eat some breakfast then open the door, let some breeze in, look at the sights, and open my mac to write a little about predictions on life
if this is where it ends then I'm glad to have explored you,
my parting gift would be a shot with some friends that goes out to the one and only you,
because I could sit and stare and smoke this cigarette,
another type of love to think of and reminisce on his regrets,
but babe you know I'm not repetitive, so instead I'll put this one out,
I guess this is what summer in the city is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment